As a business owner the last thing you want to hear is that you need to add another thing to your to-do list, but this one is important. If you don’t already have a blog integrated into your website you should seriously consider adding one.
Blogging has come a long way since the days of bloggers using the Internet as a way to record their thoughts in the form of self-promoting rants and raves. It is now one of the best tools for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) without having to change the copy of your pages over and over again.
Blogs can be used instead of Frequently Asked Questions to answer your customers questions and build a knowledge base around your products and services, as well as engage your audience in areas that they find useful.
Things to keep in mind with your blog:
- Keep a regular schedule of posts.
- Keep it real, have real people and personalities writing the blog.
- Dont post solely about your products.
- Get your team engaged, dont leave it just to the marketing folks, ask other departments for their input and to guest blog.<
Here are some great examples of companies that get blogs:
Virgin Atlantic — Not only does Virgin Atlantic blog about the company (and their products / services), they have used their blog to become a knowledge base of new destinations and hotels as well as inspiring readers with stories of the best day trips. You can search by destination or by the type of experience you want (beach, history, sports, etc.).
- What would they have to blog about they are a shoe company, right? Not only does Zappos talk about fashion, they discuss sustainability, health & fitness, kids, technology, weddings and more. By building a readership base with varying topics, their blogs that promote products are seen by many more potential customers.
Next week we will be going more in detail on ways to come up with content for your blogs, so stay tuned!
Interested in receiving monthly iBec Creative updates right in your inbox?
Sign up below and we’ll send you updates once a month. Our newsletters are known to contain: exclusive pictures of the iBec crew having fun, TikTok trends to get your creativity flowing, information on B Corp Certification, and so much more! There’s no limit to what you’ll find in an iBec newsletter.